LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have handled Real Estate and Landlord Tenant matters for more than two decades.
15277592

Went looking at new apartment, informed leasing agent that

Customer Question

went looking at new apartment, informed leasing agent that my husband credit is poor, she then said that wee can just get your application approved in your name. Then we can just add him later. Went ahead and submitted application and got approved. Within few weeks, paid 400 deposit, signed 12 month lease and moved completely in. Was then told that we need to get them husband and his car info, so parking sticker can be issued and he can get added, but not to worry about anything, because nothing will change, the apartment is mine. Submit his info, then a week or so later, husband receives email, stating that he has to pay additional one months rent as additional deposit in order to be approved.
Is this even legal?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What state are you in?

Doug