barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney over 16 years, landlord 26 years
19958803

I was wondering if I could sue my landlord over bed bugs? I

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** was wondering if I could sue my landlord over bed bugs? I started having an issue back in September of 2014. I spent over 1k to launder all of my bedding and clothes. Also replaced my furniture. I didnt have a problem for a while but now they came back. I have moved me and my children to a motel. The other people who lived there said they have compained about it also and nothing has been done. She even told one person if they didnt like it they could move. what can i do
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I forgot to mention I never signed a lease to move in
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation.

.

Were the bedbugs there when you moved in?

.

How long have you lived there?

.

Have you made any formal written demand to the landlord asking them to pay for your damages?

.

.

Thanks