Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney 35 years extensive and active real estate practice; represents both landlords and tenants
18215332

What options do I have with evicting my roommate that is not

Customer Question

What options do I have with evicting my roommate that is not on my lease?? the reasons that I want to eviction is not on regular like paying bills she do that fine. Its other reasons
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Since you are the tenant on the lease, the other person a a subtenant and can be required to move out on 30 day's notice. If they refuse to leave, you must sue for eviction in your local small claims court. You cannot lock the subtenant out and must go through the legal steps to have them removed.

I hope that this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. That is the only way I will be compensated for assisting you. Bonuses are appreciated too. I will be happy to answer follow-up questions which relate to this one. Also, since we are not acting as your attorney be sure to confirm our information with a local attorney. Thanks for choosing JUST ANSWER.