Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
10285032

I live in SF. I rent more than one room out. Am I able to

Customer Question

I live in SF. I rent more than one room out. Am I able to evict one of the tenants without just cause pursuant to San Francisco Administrative Code 37.9(b). Thank you.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I lookf orward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you reside in the same dwelling with the tenant you can evict them without just cause if you choose under the SF Rental Ordinances. The Ordinance says specifically, "A landlord who resides in the same rental unit with his or her tenant may evict said tenant without just cause as required under Section 37.9(a) above."

So as long as you live there in the same house no just cause is needed for eviction.