CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.
71563194

I am renting one of my property to a month to tenant, and

Customer Question

I am renting one of my property to a month to tenant, and they will be operating as a car lot and I was told that since the person im leasing to does not have a valid drivers license I my be liable if he were to drive a car and someone was to get hurt cause he does not have drivers license. Is that true
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

No, that is not true.

You are leasing him a property, not a motor vehicle.

I do recommend requiring both the proof of insurance and having yourself (or your LLC/Corp. if your property is owned by an entity) named as an "Additional Insured" (doing this costs your tenant no additional money, but if there is a loss you then have a direct claim against his insurance instead of having to sue him to recover).