TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

How many days must a landlord give the evicted tenants to

Customer Question

how many days must a landlord give the evicted tenants to remove their belongings before disposing of them?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

In which state is this taking place?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nebraska
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. Thank you for getting back to me.

When personal property remains on the premises after a tenancy has terminated or expired and the premises have been vacated by the tenant, the landlord must give written notice (1) describing the property in a manner reasonably adequate to permit the owner to identify it, and (2) informing the tenant that the property will be sold at a public sale or (3) informing the tenant that he believes the property is worth less than $250 and will be destroyed, sold, or otherwise disposed.

The landlord must release the property if the tenant claims it prior to a sale and pays the reasonable costs of storage, advertising, and preparation for sale.

The date specified in the notice shall be a date not less than seven days after the notice is personally delivered or, if mailed, not less than fourteen days after the notice is deposited in the mail.

Accordingly, you must either give the notice in person or by mail. The method that you deliver the notice indicates how long you must wait before taking further action.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.