Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Commercial and residential leases in NY & NJ & US
18695994

They are doing utility construction in my neighborhood 24

Customer Question

they are doing utility construction in my neighborhood 24 hours a day> this is new construction and it is loud and disturbing our sleep.what do i do? it is in the street
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

I suggest you contat your local town building department or zoning office that enforces construction codes and noise ordinances. If this is a utility doing tne work and there is an emergency you may not be able to get any relief. However, most towns have ordinances that govern when construction can take place and noise limits, especially in the late evening hours.

If I have answered all your questions, please positively rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If my answer was particularly helpful you can pay a bonus.

Did you have any additional questions?