Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
10285032

I WAS ISSUED AN EVICTION. I FILED A RESPONSE AND PAID THE

Customer Question

HI
I WAS ISSUED AN EVICTION. I FILED A RESPONSE AND PAID THE AMOUUNT. I ALSO REQUESTED A MEDIATION. AT THE SAME TIME THE LANDLORD FILED MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGEMENT AND WRIT . I WOULD LIKE TO PREPARE AN EMERGENCY STO[ TO WRIT OF POSSESSION IN CASE THE WRIT IS SIGNED BY THE JUDGE
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did you file an objection to the motion for summary judgment and writ? That is your next step, unless you failed to answer the summary judgment and the court granted it. Then you would have to file a motion to set aside the writ and explain why you did not answer the summary judgment and ask the court in the motion to set aside to stay execution of the writ pending your motion and mediation. If the court refuses, then you have to file a notice of appeal and a motion to stay execution pending appeal in order to stop the execution.