CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.
71563194

I am a salon owner how can I collect rent from my booth

Customer Question

I am a salon owner how can I collect rent from my booth renter
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

The most direct way to do this is by filing a small claims case for breach of contract. See: http://www.tsc.state.tn.us/programs/self-help-center.

However, if you believe that you are going to have an ongoing business relationship with this individual, you may want to attempt to mediate the matter with them. Contact your local bar association and ask for referrals to local mediators. Often a third party neutral can assist you in reaching a workable "mutually agreeable resolution" that can get you paid, while at the same time keeping the renter in business so that they can potentially become a contributing business contract for you.