Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed in multiple jurisdictions. Experienced Landlord-Tenant attorney.
18572087

Let 2 people Thought were friends called crying middle of

Customer Question

Let 2 people Thought were friends called crying middle of night. Have destroyed our home, psyches have let stay because intimidated would retaliate if followed thru on 30 notices given them. Partner had stroke I have health issues as well as emotional issues have they feed on it.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

I am sorry that you find yourself in this situation. How can I help exactly, what is your question? In what state are you located in, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry So Upset. Let these 2 ? Move in as had no place to go (now I know why) have been here 2+yrs tho have given at least 3 30day notices. He's very intimidating she merely a parasite like him. Latest News:They gave notice leaving July 5th (Not Paying trumped up Tab) They Lied had no Place to go. He rallied Humility asked for 2 more mo. Said Would pay $1000 of $1400 Owed. Rent $600 & addtnl $200 more mo. Then asked for 2 more mo's but after I gave in back to their Awful behavior. After 1st month passed gave $300 Aug 5th not agreed $400. Last documentation shows 1st Sept is it. They r Destructive, intimidating Pigs. When he's angry like 3yr I'm not paying rent. Sorry have ADHD so Lil discombobulated , have ruined so much in my home borrowed so much money, I know I am the idiot. Bad Anxiety led to if don't continue won't get my money back. . Huge Mistake, Very Ungrateful Users. Also drug Users. I indulged short time, saw results, now not for months. Need then out. PLEASE & THANK YOU

I am going to make a guess here, so if I am incorrect please set me straight. You have two individuals who live with you who do not pay rent, damage your property, and you want them gone. You gave notices before, but they asked you to set those notices aside and you permitted them to stay.

If that is correct, you must serve them with notice again and restart the process. Depending on where you are located (as each state has different codes) you may be able to give them a shorter notice for non-payment. You also need to make sure that you can prove that you served them because that notice becomes important.

Now, this time, when it expires, take the notice to court and file a petition for an eviction (also may be known as a complaint for unlawful detainer). You will need to show proof that you served them and that they are in violation. They will need to be served with a copy of the complaint and they can also appear in court to challenge as well as file their own answer.

At the hearing you would need to show evidence of violations and seek an eviction. If you prevail, you will receive a 'writ of possession'. You would need to give a copy of this writ to the local sheriff and then the sheriff would be able to forcibly eject them from the premises if they are still on premises.

Hope that helps.

Please take care and be well, and good luck to you. I will be logging off to get some rest but will return later on in the morning. Should you respond, there may be a delay with my assistance. Otherwise, if satisfied, kindly do not forget to positively rate. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.