LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have handled Real Estate and Landlord Tenant matters for more than two decades.
15277592

How does a landlord in Anne Arundel county Maryland have to

Customer Question

How long does a landlord in Anne Arundel county Maryland have to collect rent from a tennant?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Under Maryland law, a landlord may only sue to collect rent that is less than 3 years old. This is based on the statute of limitations for contract law in Maryland.
So, if the rent they claim is owed was from a month before July 2012, then it is too late for them to enforce collection against you for this rent. Once the debt is 3 years old or older, the landlord cannot sue to collect the past due rent.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug