Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Last June my landlord, general contractor, and me had a

Customer Question

Last June my landlord, general contractor, and me had a meeting. In the meeting, the landlord and I had a fallout and I ask the landlord to leave the meeting, and thereafter, the general contractor took 15-months to finish a 3 to 4 month long buildout, which has caused me financial harm. Can I sue landlord for tortious interference in the contract between my general contractor and and me?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Could you explain a little more?
How did the Landlord interfere in the general contractor's work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He interfered by having the general contractor drag out the build out completion time. It took 15-months for GC to complete build out when it should had been 4 month. 170K was paid to GC from April to June (2014) and the ratio of completed work and money paid matched up with one another / in synced up with one another, however, after the fallout the GC began not showing up at site to work for days at a time, and a whole week a couple of times.
Thank you for the information:
Your initial post:
Response: Yes, if you have concrete information that your Landlord did interfere with the General Contractor's work, that your Landlord influenced the GC and made him to drag out the work.