Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

We viewed a house with the owners still in it and agreed to

Customer Question

We viewed a house with the owners still in it and agreed to rent it in Nov 2014. When we moved in we found holes punched in bedroom doors, no holes had been spackled or painted, and lots of damage to trim, etc. making it appear that the divorced couple had just moved out without caring what damage they left. These items were pointed out to the leasing agent and we were told they would be repaired but hasn't happened. Since moving in the we were without a usable kitchen sink for over a month, a dripping outside faucet for over two months (2 liters /hr), now going on 3 weeks we can't use the master shower due to a leak, and numerous "non-life threatening" repairs undone. We're paying $2200/mo and now the owner has stated that he has no intention of making the remaining repairs. What options do we have?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cancel my question and do not charge my card. all I wanted was one question NOT A MEMBERSHIP!!!!!!!!!!
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Can you tell me what state this is in?

.

Have you sent the owner a written letter detailing the problems and asking for repairs?

.

Are you still unable to use the kitchen sink?

.

What is specifically wrong with it?

.

.

thanks