Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I will be 67 this month I have COPD Diabetes and back

Customer Question

I will be 67 this month I have COPD Diabetes and back problems. On July 17 my apartment started flooding on july 18th the supervisor in charge stated that it is against company policy to pay weekend rates and I will have to wait until Monday for a plumbr to arrive. I stayed up for 80 hours with no sleep to avoid destruction of all my personal possessions. Do I have any legal recourse for physical exhaustion and mental exhaustion
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of this matter.

To keep the claim in small claims court, where you will be able to represent yourself relatively easily, I suggest that you can sue for up to $5000 - that is the cap. If your damage to your possessions equals lets say $2500 then you can request $2500 in pain and suffering for the inconvenience.