Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Eviction notice.

Customer Question

eviction notice.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

I am afraid that your question and details didn't come through in your initial post..

.

If you can post your legal question and details, then I will try to help..

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok - I will try and not be hysterical here!. I received a notice that the landlord - (who has been abusive and doesn;t tend to the property well - (mind you this has been my first time being a tenant in 30 years). I suddenly receive a py or posseion notice and that a followed by notes that I ws only to speak with his lawyers from now on. the claims were for a few late payments - (by maybe a day) - and all of them justified - he has no business center and the plaintiff was listed as his deceased mother. as i refused to leave checks taped to my door, i mailed them.
When I received the hearing notice - i went to the courthouse and paid a 92 dollar fee to file a response as my job at the time prohibited me from being there . they moved the hearing to another date, where I was contracted to be out of town. i filed a 2nd response and assumed I would hear directly from the judge. I get a nasty text from the landlord that i would be evicted and soon. (I am a 60 year old woman, working part time - fyi). I heard nothing after that July 28th date until today - according to the sherriff's off , there office received the paperwork some 9 days ago.
In the interim the landlord returnded two months rent check to me without cashing them.
am currently employed for one shift a week. - I can explain more about the late situation - I feel I am being maligned, and falsely accused. I am fighting a dmv battle at the same time - oh and I had surgery today....
ok - there's my tome

Sorry for the delay, had to be out of office for a few hours..

.

Ok, let me see if I can get just a little more info...

.

When you got the 3 day notice to pay rent or vacate, did you tender the full rent to the landlord within that 3 day period?

.

And you didn't appear for the second date that the eviction hearing was scheduled for, correct?

.

Have you filed any type of appeal for the default eviction judgment?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok- I am a bit confused by your questions.
Please contact or call(###) ###-####I may be heading to the judge tomorrow
Janet

I am sorry, but I can’t engage in a private one on one phone call as that could imply an attorney-client relationship which I am prohibited from entering into under my independent contractor agreement with JustAnswer.

.

I will opt out of the question and open it up to other experts who may be able to help further.. No need to reply as it will only lock the question to me and prevent other experts from helping..

.

thanks

Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your post. A different professional here. Do you still require assistance at this time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do
I have not yet received any helpful advice
Janet
XXX-XXX-XXXX

Janet,

I cannot call you as it may violate my state bar limitations. Furthermore, what we provide here is not legal advice because we are not your attorneys. We provide you with legal information that you can use for your own benefit and to best make the most informed decision for yourself. If you wish to speak directly, I can communicate via Skype but I cannot act as your attorney, dispense legal advice, provide you with an attorney/client privilege, or represent you off-site. Please advise if that is acceptable to you. Thank you!