LandlordTenantAnswer
LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Disputes, Leases, Evictions, Foreclosures.
9540344

Are tenants responsible screw sized holes in wall?

Customer Question

Hi, are tenants responsible for repairing screw sized holes in wall?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. Yes, they would be. The tenant is not responsible for normal wear and tear but if there are holes in the wall, they simply need to be repaired. The tenant should be able to fill them and if needed, repaint the area. These were intentionally done by the tenant, to likely hold something but a landlord would likely require and the tenant would be expected, to leave the rental in the same conditions when they took possession. If they did not have to fix this or touch it up, the landlord after a few years and numerous tenants, would have walls filled with holes.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!