Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I live in a mobile park. The manager changed the lease. I

Customer Question

I live in a mobile park. The manager changed the lease. I never signed. The rent payment was on the 5th by 5pm before. He changed it to the 3rd by 430 pm. I was aware it was changed to the 3rd. I paid on the 3rd around 4:40 to 4:45pm. I thought it needed to be paid before 5pm. I was charged 69.54 in late fees. Even if I were 15 minutes late is there a gace period? I was at work and got paid it before 5pm. I never signed a lease. They change the rules here like nothing. I don't think I should have to pay for the late fees.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Did the landlord give you a written 10 day notice prior to any changes in your lease becoming effective?

.

.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They don't send anything. They tape paperwork to our doors. I never has signed and returned any paperwork.

Ok, let me ask it a different way.... Did the landlord tape a notice to your door stating that the change in the tenancy would occur at least ten days in the future before the change took place?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please call before 4:2pm my time. I'm going to pay the difference. I want to sue them for other things as well. I have tons of signatures
I am sorry, but I can’t engage in a private one on one phone call as that could imply an attorney-client relationship which I am prohibited from entering into under my independent contractor agreement with JustAnswer.
.
I will opt out an open the question to other experts who may be able to assist you in that regard.
.
Your account hasn't been charged for our conversation.
.
.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I want someone to help me. I'm not a sue freak. Never done it. I am sick and tired of this management treating people like crap. They can't change the rules every second. It's not fair and up charging everything. No way. Yes I'm planning on moving but I don't want these people getting away with whatever they want. Most people in this trailer park are Hispanic. they are taking advantage of people because they know they can. I was born here so I'm trying to help other people and now that they're trying to screw me I'm mad. I am not kidding but this new manager is a racist jerk. I'm finally fed up people have asked me to help and I will even if it cost me my own money to find a different lawyer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, please let me know how much you are going to charge me. Do you charge me before I am able to talk to anyone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nobody really helped me. I haven't heard back. Please DO NOT charge my Visa anything else. This is not a question so if I will be charged for a reply then don't reply. Do not charge me for anything else. It was not worth $36 and that better be the only charge.