Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
11313492

My one time girl friend and I built a house together, with

Customer Question

my one time girl friend and I built a house together, with my whole family's help.One's a carpenter'and electrition'and the other brother and heavy equipment operator. I gave her my pay check for years to help pay for the house although I don't have any proof. my problem is I did not have my name on the house.Now that we're not together she sold the and I got the shaft.I have been paying the land taxes for years.Is there any course where I could sue?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello, from facts mentioned you have equal shares in house based on your financial contributions.
That is the case regardless of name on title.
If she won't agree and contests you may need to sue for a court declaratory judgment and injunction adding you to title.
martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.