Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
10285032

I was served a 3 day or quit were i didnt even get to take

Customer Question

i was served a 3 day or quit were i didnt even get to take action on fixing the issues like pool rules,parking.and kids had to be in at 8pm i go in the office the same day she tells me i had to be out in a week iam on sec8 i tell my worker she tells me to take my manager a 30day notice to move so i do the manager makes a copy for me so i take the copy to my sec 8 worker there hasn't been paper work served to me or my worker saying i had to be out by the 3rd it was just her say so now iam not to sure if i gave do comment and dated notice to my manager and se8 worker iam i ok to stay or do i have to be gone monday ? can she start or serve me with a eviction even if i gave her a 30dayfirst and she took it in her hand?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
No, you do not have to be gone by Monday. If your rent is paid and you have notified the Section 8 office and your manager, they have to give you a 30 day notice, not a 3 day notice to evict. Also, if you do not leave, they cannot just throw you out, they have to file suit in court and then you have the right to answer the suit and object to their reasons for eviction and the process can take 15-20 more days from the date they file suit.
So go back to the Section 8 office and work with them and you do not have to leave your premises at this point.