Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I need to serve my tennant with a Quit the premisis notice

Customer Question

I need to serve my tennant with a Quit the premisis notice and be able to prove it was served. They are experts at hiding and not paying, what Michigan law dictates how this can be done legally?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: See Michigan Compiled Laws Chapter 600 Sections(###) ###-####and(###) ###-####
http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(4yk00gplnqkkjck0fz3gf3mv))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-600-5718
(###) ###-####Demand for possession or payment; service.
Sec. 5718.
The demand provided for in section 5716 may be served by delivering it personally to the person in possession, or by delivering it on the premises to a member of his family or household or an employee, of suitable age and discretion, with a request that it be delivered to the person in possession, or by sending it by first-class mail addressed to the person in possession. If the demand is mailed, the date of service for purposes of this chapter is the next regular day for delivery of mail after the day when it was mailed.
http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(4yk00gplnqkkjck0fz3gf3mv))/mileg.aspx?page=getobject&objectname=mcl-600-5716
Section(###) ###-####
friendly link
Printer Friendly
REVISED JUDICATURE ACT OF 1961 (EXCERPT)
Act 236 of 1961
(###) ###-####Demand for possession or payment; form and contents.
Sec. 5716.
A demand for possession or payment shall be in writing, addressed to the person in possession and shall give the address or other brief description of the premises. The reasons for the demand and the time to take remedial action shall be clearly stated. When nonpayment of rent or other sums due under the lease is claimed, the amount due at the time of the demand shall be stated. The demand shall be dated and signed by the person entitled to possession, his attorney or agent.