Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney
84496330

I've been evicted. Supposed to be gone already. Do you think

Customer Question

I've been evicted. Supposed to be gone already. Do you think I can sneak in a couple days longer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. If you have been evicted and there has not been a court hearing on the matter then I would answer the petition and show up to court. Depending on your state, you can also appeal any decision and extend your time even longer. Of course you can always try to cure the defect and pay late rent, adhere to certain lease provisions, etc and get your lease reinstated. Until the police show up and force you off the property (they will normally give you notice) you can stick around. So you can hold on pretty long in an eviction situation if you work the system correctly. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated. (There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, an excellent or good rating would be fantastic.)
I see you reviewed my answer. Do you have any further questions? If not, please do not forget to positively rate my answer.
Any chance for a positive rating?
Do you need help with the rating system? We answer these questions with the expectation that our work will be compensated by the site. Without your positive rating that won't happen, so if you could take the extra step and help me out, I would appreciate it. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, an excellent or good rating would be fantastic.