barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney for over 15 years, landlord 26 years
19958803

I am the landlord and the tenant's eviction was up on July

Customer Question

I am the landlord and the tenant's eviction was up on July 2, she did not leave til the 20th can I charge her rent for that time.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..When you say that their eviction was "up on July 2", what exactly do you mean?.Are you saying that the time for them to move ordered by the judge in an eviction action was up?.If so, did you get a writ of possession to have the sheriff physically remove them once their time was up?.If not, why not?..thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The renter stayed until the 20th of July she is gone I need to send her an Itemized disposition of secuity deposit can i charge rent for the days she was there?
Ok, I am going to have to assume that you just didn't get around to getting a writ of possession and having the sheriff physically move out...But if the tenant didn't physically surrender possession of the property until the 20th, than you can charge them rent up until that date and actually after that if they were under a written lease for a set term..If they breached the lease and you had to evict, then they are still responsible for the rent until you re-rent the property...thanksBarrister