Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
26798026

Asked a boyfriend to move out sid he wont unless gets

Customer Question

asked a boyfriend to move out sid he wont unless gets eviction notice. has lived there little over 1 year. is it ok for me to send him and evictin notice to move in 30 days in Indiana
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
Is your boyfriend on the lease?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I go about getting someone to leave my home. He has lived here about a year and a half. He's not on any lease just moved in
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
If there's no written lease, yes, you can serve him with a 30 day notice to vacate at any time. Indiana Code, Section 32-31-1-4. At the end of the 30 days, if he's still there, then you're allowed to go to court and file a lawsuit to have him evicted. There's no defense to overstaying a 30 day notice, so the judge will order him to leave.
It can help to have a third party hand him the notice, so you have a witness who can testify for you if he claims later not to have received it.
It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.