Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.
17897874

Can a tenant be evicted and put on the street with three kids

Customer Question

can a tenant be evicted and put on the street with three kids including a nine month old baby
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Unfortunately, yes, having young children provides no protection if the tenant is in breach of the lease or if the tenancy has expired.
You can try speaking with the landlord for some extra time to find a new place. Also, if the landlord has not maintained the property or is otherwise in breach of the lease you can present that as a defense in court.
I hope this is helpful.  If you have any follow up questions feel free to post them.  It is never a problem.
Thank you.