Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in Landlord-Tenant Law.
26296561

If am rentting a room do from a friend with no agreement but proof am paying rent can he

Customer Question

if am rentting a room do from a friend with no agreement but proof am paying rent can he evict me any time because I have a guess over with no lease agreement but good proof I pay rent with out giving me time just want me to leave the place like in a week and he comes to my place with out me knowing cause he has a key
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Do you pay rent monthly or weekly?What state is this in?Why does your "guest" have a key to your house?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
monthly in norwood mass 02062
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no the friend am renting from has a key to the place am renting from him I didt know till last week when he came to the place while am @ work
Thank you for your follow up. Without the written lease, the tenant has a month to month tenancy and the landlord can terminate such tenancy with a 30 day written notice without any reason and if the tenant doesn't move out upon expiration of the 30 day, then the landlord will be able to file an eviction case and to legally evict such month to month tenant. I wish you the best of luck!
Do you have any related follow up questions? If not please positively rate my answer, so I can receive credit for my work.
Thank you and God bless you!