Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I am going to sign a lease rental apt. there are two

Customer Question

I am going to sign a lease for a rental apt. there are two charges in the lease for moving out early. there is a one month reletting charge and a one month buyout fee, for a total of two months. Is this provision in the lease consistent with the Connecticut General Statutes?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you. In order to answer your question, I will need to be able to read the exact language of the two clauses. Can you post the actual exact language please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I scanned the 2 pages. How do I post?

Expert:  MDLawyer replied 1 year ago.
My screen looks different than your screen since I'm an expert. See if there is a paperclip somewhere on your screen. Otherwise, you will have to either contact Just Answer customer service or simply cut and paste those two clause. Do those two clauses take up an entire two pages?
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 1 year ago.
I only need those clauses. I cannot review your entire lease. If you want me to review your entire lease, I can offer that as an additional service.
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Additional services do cost extra, however. But, if you want me to just answer your original question about the buyout fee and reletting charge, I simply need to review that language.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

just the specific question

Expert:  MDLawyer replied 1 year ago.
I need the language of the clauses.