Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Can I sue a tenant living above me in an apartment complex

Customer Question

can I sue a tenant living above me in an apartment complex for noise caused by children running in the apartment, negligence to call maintenance on serious leaks such as bursting hot water heaters causing damage to my apartment, ringing my doorbell at night asking foil wrap or to borrow money.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you. First, let me say that I'm sorry to hear about your situation, I too deal with a heart condition (cardiomyopathy). In order to assist you, I In order to assist you, I do need more information, however.At what times are the children running? With respect to the leaks, were the leaks caused by the tenant or were they caused by a faulty or old hot water heater? Has the damage to your apartment been repaired? If yes, was it repaired by you or by the apartment complex?