Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.
17897874

I'm looking my apartment is infested with Carpet

Customer Question

I'm looking for lawyer my apartment is infested with Carpet Beatles in Destin , Fl . And I have very bad reaction to them . I can't keep up with them ! My property is not doing a thing ! Can't sleep they are dropping from ceiling and crawling up bed . They in living room , all over clothes . I never seen this so bad in my life ! I been to the Drs 4 times thinking I had other problems . Also my dog is having hard time seeing me like this. It's really taking over my life I'm so stressed can't sleep .'I clean , spray , powder . There chewing my leather car seats . I can't escape them and have no help
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Have you contacted management or the landlord? How many times? Have you contacted them in writing?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Are you still online with me?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
There is something called constructive eviction. The landlord is required to provide a safe and habitable premises in exchange for your rent.If they do not, through failure to repair a maintenance issue they are liable for, you can move out and terminate the lease by declaring a constructive eviction. The landlord will also be liable to you for your damages, as this is a breach of your lease.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
The Florida Bar maintains an excellent online referral program: https://www.floridabar.org/divpgm/lronline.nsf/wreferral6?OpenFormif you need help finding local counsel.