Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed in multiple jurisdictions. Experienced Landlord-Tenant attorney.
18572087

Can I personally lease the apartment from the LLC and then

Customer Question

Can I personally lease the apartment from the LLC and then sub let the apartment to the tenants?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I do apologize but I do not engage in phone calls. I can, however, discuss via Skype but please be aware that doing so will not create an attorney/client relationship nor will it mean that I will be able to represent you off-site. Please advise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I lease the apartment from the LLC and then sublease it to the tenant
Hi, Yes, you can. But then your profits are tough to send to the LLC unless you end up paying directly in full, and then you end up reporting your lease as a profit again on your own tax return--you are in essence having a double-taxation situation. So while you can do it, it may be prudent to first discuss it with your accountant. Sincerely, ***** *****