CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.
71563194

Can a landlord stop me from working with a patient that lives

Customer Question

Can a landlord stop me from working with a patient that lives at the same apartment complex after she kicked me out for a lie i only go to his apartment and the garbage to throw away his garbage I've been doing this for three years she kicked me out two weeks ago now shes on him she kicked out about ten people already she wants to remodel one by one not a good thing
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
No. Just because your lease has been terminated does not mean that you are not allowed to continue to work for another resident.I am sorry to learn of this situation, unfortunately unless you live in a municipality or city that has rent control or stabilization there are very few protections for tenants against this type of action and landlords can terminate most leases without cause as long as it is not mid-lease term.If you are currently homeless, please contact your county housing authority, they should be able to both assist you with emergency housing, and help you find affordable housing in your community.