Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I closed on my home two days ago, the sellers live in Oregon

Customer Question

I closed on my home two days ago, the sellers live in Oregon so they didnt want to take the furniture my agent ask me if I wanted it and I could get the keys day of closing I said ok even tho all the furniture was old, on the day we closed my agent informed me that I cant have the keys they are having an auction now, and I need to get in and clean the gutters that are not working because its causing mold in the basement what can I do
Submitted: 1 year ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  kattorney replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I may need a little more information on your situation. If you closed on the property, you own it now. Can you tell me who did your closing for you (was it an attorney or a title company)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When we bought the house the owner said they didnt want the furniture I agree to take it so we could get the keys at closing when my agent sent me over the addendum it said seller can have any remaining furniture at their discretion I initialed that, my agent wanted me to initial that they have 30 days to close plus she wrote in 30 days after closing whichever is later I said no I want the keys at closing, we closed on July 14, Melissa called said I'll meet you at the title office I'm going to see about getting the keys, when we got there after signing all the papers and handing over the check she said the sellers decided to have an auction and she ran out the door, what legal rights do I have the house is titled to me now my insurance company said they would wait 30 until I get this all handled but then they will cancel my insurance. Also the gutter need cleaned rain is on the foundation on last inspection we found mold that we took picture of but now they said I can't go in the house at all.