Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I am living in a subletted apartment in the Bronx. My

Customer Question

hi!
I am living in a subletted apartment in the Bronx. My lease is due to expire on AUgust 15. IN May, I asked my landlord if I can extend my lease to December. SHe wrote back with an affirmative. It wasn't until early July that she informed me that she did not receive the Coop Board's approval. She heard back yesterday that the Board denied her request! That gives me only 29 days to look for an apartment.
What rights do I have?
thank you!!
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.
I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi! I am living in a subletted apartment in the Bronx. My lease is due to expire on AUgust 15. IN May, I asked my landlord if I can extend my lease to December. SHe wrote back with an affirmative. It wasn't until early July that she informed me that she did not receive the Coop Board's approval. She heard back yesterday that the Board denied her request! That gives me only 29 days to look for an apartment. What rights do I have? thank you!!