Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney
84496330

The property manager I hired to manage my rental property collected

Customer Question

The property manager I hired to manage my rental property collected late rent from the tenant on June 24th. It is now July 16th and the property manager has not deposited the collected rent + late fee into my account, yet on 7/10 she has provided me with an owner income statement showing the collection of rent from the tenant and how funds were dispersed (rent, late fee, property management fee, amount due to owner, etc...) Every time I ask about the funds, she lies and gives me an excuse, saying it was processed and will post to my account tomorrow.
The tenant has moved, the lease terminated 6/30, and my contract with the property manager also ended 6/30. How can I sue her to collect the money owed to me?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. In this case you would simply need to bring suit in small claims court for breach of contract. The property manager collected the past due rent and late fees but has not given you the funds. Gather all the relevant documents and information and bring a suit in small claims court. With all the documents that you have it should be a very easy case and the property manager will likely give you the funds before having to go before a Judge because it does not seem that the property manager has much of a defense unless they claim that payment was in fact made. Please let me know if you have any further questions or require any additional guidance. Please do not forget to positively rate my answer (There should be smiley faces or a 1-5 ranking on my answer. I would appreciate a good or excellent rating) as this is the only way that I am compensated for my work.
I see you have reviewed my answer, please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated (there should be smiley faces or a 1-5 rating next to my answer ).
Any chance for a positive rating?