Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney
84496330

First, the tenant did vacate the property. The lease as always month-to-month. If their c

Customer Question

First, the tenant did vacate the property. The lease as always month-to-month. If their complaints were valid, they could have terminated the lease at any time, during the last year. It is an old farm house. Now they claim, the plumbing was inadequate, the heating was inadequate, the septic system was inadequate, plaster was falling from the walls, the roof leaked. And I, as their landlord was always changing my mind. Apparently, it was the worst place in the whole world to live in and I am the world's worst landlord, yet they stayed and payed rent. I am confused about their filing a complaint against me "quoting, the Virginia Landlord Tenant Act" after they had been in the property for 1 year and had not filed any formal complaints within the last year. Did their willingness to stay in the residence for the last 12 months imply their acceptance of the property?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Did you mean this to be a separate question or a reply to the first question. I never like to have multiple questions open so if you could positively rate the other question I would appreciate and then we can work on this one or just simply reply in the other thread.