Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney
84496330

In rental properties who is responsible the ducted

Customer Question

in rental properties who is responsible for cleaning the ducted heating unit
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.
What state are you located in?
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.
The Residential Tenancies Act 1997 requires a landlord to ensure that rented premises are maintained in good repair. Good repair includes all gas appliances provided by the landlord. These must be safe to use and properly maintained.
This includes ensuring that:
(1) Only a licensed gasfitter performs gasfitting work
(2) All appliances are safe for use before re-letting a property
(3) All appliances, pipework and flue systems are installed and maintained correctly
(4) Pipes are correctly sealed if appliances are removed
(5) All safety checks and details of work done on gas installations are recorded.
Failure to meet legislated responsibilities can cause death, serious injury and/or considerable property damage. Tenants also have responsibilities, including reporting appliance faults to the landlord or the landlord's agent. The landlord or the agent and the tenant should work together to ensure that a safety check is done at agreed intervals - at least every two years.
Please let me know if you have any further questions or require any additional guidance. Please do not forget to positively rate my answer as this is the only way that I am compensated for my work.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions? If not please positively rate my answer so I can be compensated for my time.
Any chance for a positive rating?