CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.
71563194

Can I served my roommate 30 days notice on the third day of

Customer Question

Can I served my roommate 30 days notice on the third day of the month.. For example today is the 3rd of July and they will move by August the 3rd
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can serve a 30 day notice mid-month. Your calculation is correct as well (the 30 days starts the day after service, as July has 31 days, the roommate's last day of residence is going to be August 3).Also, please note, if the roommate has been living in the unit for more than 12 months, in California they are entitled to 60 days, not 30 days notice.See generally: http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/landlordbook/terminations.shtml
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you you have the best answer
You are welcome, and I do wish you the best with this matter.Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service so that I can receive credit for assisting you.Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.Bill