Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

The refrigerator in my apartment (under counter) was no longer

Customer Question

The refrigerator in my apartment (under counter) was no longer working. They replaced it with a college refrigerator. When my lease was up I said I would renew only if they replaced the college fridge. They said they would and I signed. Now they refuse to purchase an under counter fridge and are forcing me to accept a large one that does not fit in this apartment. I have repeatedly told them they cannot come into my apartment when I am not here and replace the college fridge with the large one. I want a fridge comparable to the one that was in the apartment when I rented it. They are going to replace it without my permission while I am gone tomorrow. Do I have any rights here? Is there anything I can do? Thanks
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Is there anything in the lease that specifically states that they provide appliances?
.
Do you have any of the communications documented where they promised to replace the fridge with an under counter one?
.
.
thanks