Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
26798026

WHEN A ONE YEAR LEASE EXPIRES WHAT HAPPENS can you give 30 days notice at any point after

Customer Question

WHEN A ONE YEAR LEASE EXPIRES WHAT HAPPENS can you give 30 days notice at any point after that
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

What state is the property located in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Pa

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

When a one-year lease expires and the tenant stays with the landlord's consent, it creates a new month-to-month lease. All of the terms of the original lease carry over except for the one-year duration, so look to see if it says anything about how much notice is required. The statute actually only requires 15 days notice provided prior to the end of the month, unless the lease requires more. 68 Pa. Cons. Stat., Section 250.501(b).

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.