Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I was taken to court rent. I stated that I had the

Customer Question

I was taken to court for owed rent. I stated that I had the money to pay the back rent and signed an agreement stating that. I had 30 days to pay $950, and did so within that time frame. Paid May's rent I ended up falling behind in rent payment ONLY because I was locked out of my rent portal. From there my landlord sends "final eviction" notices and posts it on my apartment complex, not my actual door. How can I quash this since the amount of the judgment was satisfied? I have proof as well, she can lock me out of the rent portal, but my bank statements show payment made in full.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 1 year ago.
In w hat city are you in? It says you are in the state of MO. Is that correct? When was it that you signed the agreement (the date?)? When you say that you ended up behind in rent, do you mean that you have not yet paid rent for June? What do you mean when you say that you were locked out of your rent portal? Can you please explain that, please?