Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I am a landlord of a building in Naperville Illinois, DuPage

Customer Question

I am a landlord of a building in Naperville Illinois, DuPage county I have a tenant that has a present lease that ends July 31st, 2015. He has been unemployed and late with his payments for six months. He recently was arrested and charged with two felony charges in DuPage county, Illinois and is awaiting trail on the charges, while being incarcerated. He has order of protection filed against him that resides in the building. What options do I have as a landlord to get him out of the building prior to the end of the lease, or at the end of the lease, if the issue at hand is not resolved. What options do I have to remove his belongings and prepare the apartment for rental. Please respond, thank you
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; (B)If you receive a phone call offer while we chat, know that this is an automated test feature the site is running. Due to possible ethical issues, the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I normally decline them. Unless the phone call offer you receive literally states "THIS OFFER IS FROM ELY" (which means I personally initiated it), please do not entertain any such offer; and (C) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
To this date, is he paid up, or is he late on rent?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.