Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

Thank you. was reading online. I'm finding issues regarding

Customer Question

thank you. was reading online. I'm finding issues regarding a PM fire.
I need to fire a 1099 Property Manager and needed to know how I can state fired and please do not contact current & pat clients, etc.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Below is a sample letter format that you can use as a GO_BY to draft your own version to fit your needs:
30 DAY NOTICE TO TERMINATE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT AGREEMENT
To:
Property Management CO's Name and address goes here
FROM:
Landlord Name: _________________________________
Property Address Under Management:
____________________________________________________
I hereby issue by 30-day notice to terminate my Property Management Agreement with your company/you. Please send out proper notice to the tenant and have all keys and payments forwarded as follows:
Address to send keys:
_____________________________________
______________________________________
Address for Tenant(s) to Forward Payment & Maintenance Requests/or Account Information:
________________________________________
I hereby understand that the Property Management Co. is no longer responsible for the collection of rent or any other responsibilities tied to my property at the above-mentioned address. It is my responsibility to make contact with the tenant for the remaining of the tenant’s term at my property.
Sincerely,
____________________________________ __________________
(Owner’s Signature) Date
BE SURE TO READ YOUR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT AGREEMENT AND FOLLOW ALL TERMINATION PROCEDURES STATED THEREIN?
http://www.enrglv.com/Landlord/Landlord_Form_3%20Property%20Management%20Termination%20Notice.pdf
At the link above is another go-by you can use.
Please remember to assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.
If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place and still earn a positive rating from you. If you would rather obtain a refund of your deposit, just let me know and I will inform JA on your behalf. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".
Thank you for using Just Answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry the answer is not correct - this is to terminate a Property Manager paid as a 1099 ... it has nothing to do with the property itself.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for requesting a clarification. Because you pay by a 1099 it means that the property manager is not your employee; but rather an independent contractor. I am not sure why you believe this has anything to do with the property. The termination language applies as suggested with the stipulation that you check any termination clauses in your agreement you have with the property management company. Here are some additional links that may help. If there is still any confusion, please write back with more details as to where we are having a disconnect. http://www.coastalislandsrealestate.com/uploads/files/resources1609.pdf http://landlords.about.com/od/BasicsOfPropertyInvesting/a/How-To-Terminate-A-Property-Management-Contract.htm