Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

We have been living in a house where the air vents in our home

Customer Question

we have been living in a house where the air vents in our home are so badly damage that we hardly get any air when we refused to sign a lease we were threaten to be evicted . we had an ac repair man come look at it he told us its illegal for him to even rent the home in this condition what can we do as like everyone else we are a pay check to pay check family its hard to save money to move when you pay a 300 dollar electric bill every month please help us if you can
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation.
At this moment, you have no lease and are living month to month then, correct?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.