Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

The coaxial cable in my apartment has damaged when external

Customer Question

the coaxial cable in my apartment has damaged when external wires went bad. I can no longer receive cable or internet in my apartment. The utility company says they do not cover it. The local cable and internet provider say they don't handle interior wires and they are the responsibility of the landlord. The landlord refuses to repair them and states that they don't have a responsibility to provide that. The apartment was wired with coaxial cable when I moved in. Is that to be maintained as the electrical wiring should. What can I do to convince them to repair it?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:
1) What state is this in?
2) When does your lease expire?
3) Does the lease state anything about TV or internet?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.