Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney
84496330

I've been currently living in this house I've been

Customer Question

I've been currently living in this house I've been for the past 19 months paying $450 a month with two other roommates. My guess is the mortgage + utilities runs close to $1,900-$2,000. The landlord is being forced to give the house back to the bank because
he was in the hole, moved to Australia and was renting a second property, but as of recent...he just purchased another house in Australia, labeling this house as a second property. There is no lease we have signed. Rent has been biweekly since I moved in as
of December 26th, 2013. I did not pay my rent cycle for the last two weeks. I live in Florida. He wants to evict me for not paying rent. What can/can't he do? What other information do you need?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.
The eviction notice form for residential tenants in Florida is either called a "3-day notice" or "7-Day notice" depending on why the landlord is evicting you as the tenant. If you are being evicted for non-payment of rent, the landlord uses the 3-Day Notice. If you are being evicted for another lease violation, such as unauthorized pets, criminal activity, etc., the landlord uses the 7-Day Notice.
In order to start the eviction process, the landlord must deliver the notice to you. The Notice must be in writing, and must be mailed (certified mail is best), hand delivered, or left at the residence if you are not there. If after the notice period of 3 Days or 7 Days (excluding Saturday, Sunday, and legal holidays) you are still there, the landlord must move on to the next step and file a "Complaint" with the County Clerk for the county where the property is located.
When/if the landlord serves you the 3 day notice, you have those 3 days to either pay what you owe, move out or fight a battle you are unlikely to win unless you are simply buying time to find a new place to live.
I see that you have viewed my answer. If you do not have any further questions and you feel that I have fully answered your question, please positively rate my answer.
It has been a few days since I provided you a service and answered your question. Do you have any further questions? If not please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated.