Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I wanted to know if a tenant lives in an apt +yrs.

Customer Question

Hello, I wanted to know if a tenant lives in an apt for 20+yrs. She Is now 81 yrs. Old. Clean about her place, nice lil. Garden and all. The building was taken over late last yr. new owners. Mom's walls where painted by her rugs cleaned by mom and family when needed. Replaced a dish washer in that time. Now new rules for cleaning windows, spots on rug (20+yrs old/, replacing mini blinds, etc. She cannot find a place because of her income. She pays $ 875.00. He wants to rent that apt. My Mom knows the new owner is prejudice because he stated to the neighbors father. There just happens to be another man by the last name of Cruz, who was asked to vacate for some odd reason. My Mom's long time friend across the hall she has more than 30 plus yrs. Is sad to see her leave. Reason being about my brother that lives with her.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello, If you believe that your mother is being subjected to unlawful discrimination, then you can file a complaint with the government. Would it be helpful to have the contact info to file a complaint?