Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I am asking this Dear family friend. A wealthy daughter

Customer Question

I am asking this for a Dear family friend. A wealthy daughter bought her elderly mother a house and put her and the youngest daughter in it. They have have been in the house for a least 10 months and have fix, painted , and landscape the yard. This is the mother's passion. The youngest daughter has never left the mother and has always been her mother's caretaker. At some point an agreement was made between the wealthy daughter and the youngest daughter to pay a certain amount monthly. Now the wealthy daughter wants more money and has demanded for the youngest daughter and the mother to move out. The house was assume to be bought for the mother and the youngest daughter has always taken care of her. They moved in the house together. Can they be squatters and fight? or do they fight for housing discrimination based on the following:
Refusal to sell, rent or lease because of race, color, religion, sex national origin, handicap or family status or
Discriminate in the terms and conditions of your lease
Blockbust (frighten people into moving out of a neighborhood) due to one of the factors listed above or
Refuse to accommodate the disabled
The house is in N.C. the wealthy daughter is in D.C. I'm truly asking this to help this elderly woman because of the stress of worrying and pressure that she is not capable of handling.
Please advise.
Dorretta
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tell us step by step what to do and if you know an excellent lawyer in n.c to fight for the mother.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's situation?
Is the mother disabled?
Did the wealthy daughter put anything in writing about buying the house for her mother? Did she put the mother's name on the title?
Was her request for more money in writing? Or her request that they leave? How much notice did she give them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You for the respond I am going to the family to get to get the information from the directly today please give me a few hours to gather to present this information to them. I will respond as soon as possible.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you. I'll be online most of the afternoon.