Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Can I evict a tenant that is trying to use their security

Customer Question

Can I evict a tenant that is trying to use their security deposit as the last months rent when the damage to my home will probably be more than the $900 deposit. They used kerosene instead of heating fuel in what was a fairly new furnace. I also feel that
their 2 dogs did some damage inside the home. Will I need to sue them once they move out? Thank you, ***** *****
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
What state is this in, please?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.