Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
26798026

I'm have been told that a Baliff is coming to evict me and

Customer Question

I'm have been told that a Baliff is coming to evict me and just need a few more days to move my belongings, can I ask for more time, will he allow more days?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
The Bailiff's job is only to enforce the court order he's received. He unfortunately has no ability to discuss the eviction with you or grant more time. Once he is there with the order, he will forcibly remove you from the premises if necessary and move your belongings to the street.
The landlord could grant more time and cancel the writ, but that's only going to happen if you have the ability to pay rent in full (if the eviction is for non-payment). I'm sorry to say, that means that you need to make every possible effort to get your things out before the bailiff arrives. The landlord usually changes the locks as soon as the writ is served, so there's no going back in.
I hope you can find a way to get out everything you need. Good luck.