CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.
71563194

Everyday another tenant here curses at me such as your a nanufactured

Customer Question

Everyday another tenant here curses at me such as your a nanufactured bitch f**king bitch and processed to call me a c**t. I told landlord and he said he rented rooms my personal problems are mine and not to text him he was working . I just moved to riverside from a bad marriage case DVN23988 . Trust me I don't like being around violence I merely told landlord that if I move or leave who will be the next victim the two elderly people. Over the last three days since she moved in I recorded her outbursts . But meanwhile I am afraid to walk down hallway to bathroom . Also I am afraid she will ha my service dog .
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
You can get a civil restraining order against these other tenants (your State Attorney General, as well as local prosecutor, and police department) will have information on how to petition for one of these orders - if the fellow tenants violate the order, they will be subject to arrest.However, given the circumstances you describe, it is probably in your best interest to simply move out. It doesn't appear that this landlord is going to be following up with you for anything - make sure to follow up to your phone calls with "confirmation letters" (see my note below) to confirm the fact that he is allowing you to terminate your lease early and without penalty.In the meantime, if you fear imminent harm, please immediately call 9-1-1 and ask for law enforcement.Confirmation letters: Keep written records of all communications - so if you speak to someone by phone, promptly send a follow up "confirmation letter" summarizing your conversation, who you spoke to, when, and any agreements you reached. Keep copies of your outgoing correspondence, as well as anything that you receive.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for not getting back to you . Internet was turned off . Landlord gave me a 30 notice & said if I wanted any monies returned on the rent and prorated given . He choose to not have riverside housing authority come out to inspect ( they were going to pay my deposit) . So this morning was him telling me that he was giving me notice. I spent the day looking at 2 rentals and filled out a room mate profile and sent several emails . Returned 9pm no notice on my door . He said for me to tell him what is fair to return to me . I moved in 8 days early and have been here 7 . Rent was (550 + 170 ) paid . Upon moving in he agreed to " let me help out " which was a total of 14 hours . All I want is peace and safe place for my service animal and me . After the conversation he demanded a letter from my lawyer , I explain I contact an online service. What I think the problem is house isn't up to code to rent take 8 people etc . Any ideas ?
Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with specific legal services on this particular forum (I cannot draft letters or give you legal instruction), but if you have a landlord that is willing to negotiate a resolution - let you out of your lease early with a full release and return of your security deposit, that may be a satisfactory resolution.My best advise to you is to draw up a simple "early termination" agreement, a good sample can be found here: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/sample-agreement-regarding-cancellation-lease.html, and a more complicated one here: https://www.legaldocs.com/htsgif.d/xlse-ter.htm remember, these are just samples, draft yours to reflect your "mutual release" and walk away, include any fees that the landlord is returning to you.Your landlord shouldn't have a problem with signing this - it simply terminates the lease formally, he isn't admitting to any liability, just allowing you to leave and winding up your landlord/tenant relationship.