Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I have a gentleman that I allowed to move in upstairs at my

Customer Question

I have a gentleman that I allowed to move in upstairs at my home in exchange for the temporary care of my friend that had cancer, and to take over the household chores. All was well until three weeks ago when my friend succum to the cancer. Now he does nothing as far as chores, or work for my company. He has been living upstairs for just under two months. I have had to call the police on him twice for being unruley. I have asked him to move , but he refuses. My wife is high in the ladder of CO mental Health and has been trying to get him help, with minimal response. Due to his mental health, are my rights still the same for eviction? IE: 3 Day notice to terminate
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Is there any actual medical evidence / documentation that there are mental health issues? Is he competent? Does he know what he is doing? I am just trying to get an idea if these are just assumptions by you and your wife or if you now for a fact he has issues and someone has POA over him or anything of that nature.